October 23, 2008

Rocky Mountain Cup

On the RMC, these words are written: 
 
"Bring me men to match my mountains 
Bring me men to match my plains 
Men with empires in their purpose 
And new eras in their brains" 
-Sam Walter Foss, 1894 

That sure sounds more like a call to RSL players than to Colorado players to me. Who on Colorado's team can answer that call? Who wears a Colorado Rapids jersey with pride? Every player on RSL is a winner because they believe in the team. Every player has pride in the colors they wear. Who on Colorado's team has the leadership to match Beckerman or toughness to match Ian Joy? Who on Colorado's team wants to win more than Will Johnson, or to whom does this game mean more than it does to Thug (aka Andy Williams)? Who thinks they can compete in any athletic competition against Olave? Casey perhaps? We all remember when Olave threw Casey around like a rag doll last time these two sides met.

I don't know why I was initially so nervous for this game. The more I think about it, the more my nerves turn to anticipation for the baddest ace game ever.

No comments: