November 7, 2008

Put a candle in the window

"Guess I've got that old travelin' bone, 'cause this feeling won't leave me alone.  But I won't, won't be losing my way, no, no.  'Long as I can see the light."  -CCR

Last Saturday, prior to the RSL playoff debut at Rio Tinto, a group of Mexicans donning red and white stripes and bandit masks came parading down the middle of the walkway leading from State Street to the stadium.  These butts proceeded to curse (in Mexican) and yell derogitory remarks to bystandars along their way.  Oh how glorious it was to send them packing with their team down a goal in this 2 leg series.  

This coming Saturday will be opposite day.  I am my fellow loyal supporters will convrege upon the Home Depot center, and we will parade down the pathway to the enternace with quiet confidence, respectful of our hosts.  We will be noisy in the support of our team and do so in an intelligent manner.  We will not celebrate prematurely and we will leave the HDC with fond memories of a sound victory for RSL.  The home supporters will exit the HDC for the last time in 2008, not with satisfaction, but with dissapointment, a stark contrast from last weekend's home supporters' feeling as they exited Rio Tinto.  

No comments: