July 10, 2008

Club Santos Laguna

Last night's game sucked. It was exactly like I was expecting it to be. RSL fans were outnumbered at least 3 to 1 and the game experiences for loyal RSL fans sucked. I've had my season tickets for about 3 years and have pretty much sat near the same season ticket holders for all 3 of those years. If the normal people would have been sitting in my section, the game would have been much more enjoyable and we would have had at least a little section of RSL fans. But that wasn't the case. When I arrived to the game about 10 minutes before 8, there were nothing but green Santos jerseys in MY section. All of the season ticket holders for RSL had green-jersey Mexican people in thier seats!! Even on my own row, in my own seat... there were Mexican fans! I couldn't believe it! We made our way to our seats and invited the intruders to move to thier own seats, as did many other season ticket holders nearby, but many Santos fans remained in my area. There were a few failed attempts to start an "Oswaldo... Oswaldo... Oswaldo... you suck!" chant for the opposing goalie, but the RSL fans were so far and few between that there was no way that that chant was going to work. The soccer itself on the field was pretty exciting. RSL's defense sucked worse than it ever has, due to the fact that we had Dustin Kirby, who sucks, playing on one of the sides and David Horst, who was scared out of his mind to be playing, in the middle of the back. The Santos subs clearly were more experienced, faster, and way more technical than RSL's subs. I have no complaints about the product on the field, but it was just a crappy gameday experience for the true RSL fan.

2 comments:

Elle and Clint Stallings said...

This blog is awesome! I love getting updated on all things RSL. Both news and opinions. Brilliant. Glad to hear my boy Alex Nimo put one in the net. Many more to come I suspect.

Anonymous said...

RSL...RSL... Chinga su Madre!!! Thats exactly what us Santos fans would yell at you! SANTOS LAGUNA CAMPEONES CLASURA 2008!!!!!!!